May 4, 2015

Know The Banana: My Reading Habits Tag

After my blog being dull for the longest time, I decided to have a new blog project! This is the Know The Banana project! This series will feature random things about me, it's going to being anything under the sun. So for my first blogpost, I am doing my reading habits tag! I stumbled upon this tag at Ate Joyce's blog, and I realized that it would be so great to do this!

Books are my first love, and I do not know how my life would be without them. So let me share my reading habits with you guys! :)


Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read at our living room because it has the best lighting in the whole house or my bedroom. Either will do. As long as I have good lighting (because my eyes are not that perfect) and a good book, I am good!

Where do you like to read?
I could actually read anywhere, but I prefer reading in a library or a coffee shop. In a library because it's quiet and cold, and in a coffee shop because nothing beats a good cup of coffee with a great book! It really gives me that laidback and carefree vibe when I read in these cool places.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmarks! I usually make my own bookmarks or buy from a local school supplies store. I make corner bookmarks, that ones you slide into the corner of your page. I hope I could make a tutorial really soon! :-)

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter / certain amount of pages?
It really depends. If I really enjoy a book, I could finish it in one sitting! But as much as possible, I try to finish a chapter before I stop reading for the day. If I could not finish the book within the day, I usually read a minimum of 100 pages. :)

Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes! A usually drink coffee or hot chocolate with biscuits.

Music or TV while reading?
Music all the way. I tend to be distracted with television.

One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time.I could not process a lot of stories at the same time, I tend to forget what happens in which book. So I take it slow and read one book at a time.

Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. As what I said earlier on the first question, I am really not picky as long as I have a great book. :)

Reading aloud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I don't like straining my voice while reading. HAHAHA!

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I rarely skip pages. I want the mystery and excitement to remain there while I'm reading the book.

Break the spine or keep it like new?
Keep it like new!! It is one of my pet peeves when the spine breaks! :-(

Ebook or paperback?
Paperbaaaaaaaaack! The only reason why I have ebooks is (1) we don't have a legit bookstore here in our city (#ProbinsyanaProblems) and (2) I am low on funds so I can't buy all the books I want!

Do you write in your books?
Never! Another pet peeve!

Who do you tag?
Every single bookworm out there! Share your thoughts with me. Link up your blog in the comments section! :)

5 comments:

  1. We have the same problem in my current place. When we moved here, I was pretty excited maybe because there would be available bookstores here. Unfortunately, none. But thanks to my school library, my schoolmates and my book friends who let me borrow their books. And because of them, I don't need to spend any single penny for a book which is one of my new year's resolution. Hihi :)

    http://augustinra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really depressing to not have a legit bookstore! But a new mall is opening in our city soon and there are rumors that there would be a NBS branch! *fingers crossed* My classmates help me to find ebooks because I am seriously lame at finding books on the web! Thank God for bookworm friends, right? :-)

      Delete
  2. I also make my own bookmarks from time to time, but sadly I'm a lazy ass so I use whatever scrap of paper I can find to use as a bookmark. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! I share the same situation sometimes! That is why I really make an effort on keep my bookmarks intact, because I am too lazy to make another one! =))

      Delete
  3. We share a lot of reading habits! Hahaha <3 Especially the coffee and bookmark thingys!

    KC | http://kaellecalzado.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete