February 27, 2015

It's the Night of Nights: Prom 2015


Promenade (n.) 
- a ceremonious opening of a formal ball consisting of a grand march of all the guests 

2/12/15: So since I am done with my Faber Men appreciation post {Click!}, it is now time to blog about one of the highlights of my senior life: Promenade. Click continue reading to read the post!

Our prom happened last February 14, 2015. Yes, Valentines' Day. Ugh. I intially thought it was super duper corny because obviously, Valentines' Day. Ew. But I was sort of happy, because I was assured that I would not spend hearts day alone. :-)

I wouldn't go much on the flow of the program, because it the same old process: candlelighting + marching, transfer of the key of responsibility and blah blah blah. I could say this year's prom is better compared to last year because I bonded with Faber more this time, and it was not during the program. Rather, it was during the after prom (actually during the time we waited for our sundo)! I won't make this a photo heavy post tho (I was too lazy to post process the photos hehe), so I would be posting the photos that would matter.

(L-R): Me, JV (my partner) and Eya, JV's other partner. HAHAHA! Braces represent. The program was nt dull because I had them to chitchat with; we were probably the noisiest pair. Thank you for the night, guys! :-)
Meet table forty-seven! It was nice that we managed to keep conversations alive even if we don't come from the same section and the same year level. No offense to my table mates last year, table forty-seven is way better! Oops.
Prom productivity: dancing for the cotillion 101. HAHAHA! I am the third girl from the left. Cotillion practices are extremely tiring, but it felt great when our dance turned out great. We had about 4 days to practice, thank heavens we made it!
Now on to the best part, photos after prom ;-)

Backstory on hw our sudden Top Model class pictures happened: our boys were taking photos with random fierce poses, and obviously we were jealous so we joined in! Since most of us went home late, there were a lot of photos taken. Plus, we had a mini-trailer for El Filibusterismo (a novel by Jose Rizal) but it's only for us to see! :-P

Are you intimidated? I'm on the last row, left most :-)
(L-R): Jermiss, Gabs and I! Hashtag Two Wives!
Another fierce magazine photo! I'm on the third row, girl on the middle ;-)
Overall, my last prom was da bomb dot com! Couldn't ask for a better prom, even if I was really stressed about everything I had to do before the prom. It was worth it.

— Iana the Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment